Chili Cornbread Bake
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1- 14 3/4 ounce cream style corn
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1- 4 ounce can chopped green chilies
- Cook ground beef until done. Drain off fat and set meat aside.
- In a bowl combine cornmeal, salt, and baking soda.
- In another bowl combine eggs, corn, milk, and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased 9×13 pan.
- Carefully layer ground beef, cheese, and green chilies on top of batter.
- Spread remaining batter on top.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.