Recipe: Mini Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Icing
1-8oz tube crescent roll dough
2 Tablespoons butter
For the maple icing:
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 Tablespoon skim milk
3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven according to crescent roll dough package directions.
- Layout half the dough (4 triangles) and pinch all the seams together. Flip over and pinch the seams on the back side together too.
3. Using a rolling pin, smooth the seams and roll the dough into a square about 1/4″ thick. Brush with half the butter, and sprinkle with as much cinnamon and brown sugar as you want. Roll into a log and cut into 8 pieces.
4. Place mini cinnamon rolls into a non-stick sprayed mini muffin tin. Repeat steps 1 and 2 with the other half of the crescent roll dough. Bake according to package directions.
5. Meanwhile whisk together maple syrup and milk in a bowl. Add in powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached. Drizzle over warm cinnamon rolls.