2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup shortening or butter
1 cup milk*
Chicken Gravy Ingredients:
2 cups cooked, cubed chicken
2 cups mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, and corn)
3-4 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons minced onions
1 clove minced garlic (or use 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt)
1/4 teaspoon parsley
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cold milk
Chicken Gravy Directions:
1. Cut carrots into small chunks and cook with some of the broth in a large stock pot until tender; add onions, peas and corn and cook 10 minutes more.
2. Add chicken pieces, seasonings, and broth. Bring to a boil and cook for 5-10 minutes.
3. In small bowl, whisk together the flour and milk, removing lumps. Slowly pour into boiling mixture, stirring constantly. Boil for several minutes, until thickened into gravy. Taste and add salt or pepper as needed.
4. Serve over hot fresh biscuits.
1. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Cut in shortening.
2. Add milk, stirring just until moistened.
3. Drop biscuits onto ungreased baking sheets and bake at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
* Recipe From Tammy’s Recipes