- 1 lb. Smoked sausage
- 4-6 russet potatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 c. REAL bacon pieces
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic (about 3-4 cloves)
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp flour
- Brown sausage links in a sauté pan.
- 2. Cut links in half lengthwise, then cut slices.
- 3. Place sausage, chicken broth, garlic, potatoes and onion in slow cooker. Add just enough water to cover the meat.
- 4. Cook on high 3-4 hours (low 5-6 hours) until potatoes are soft.
30 minutes before serving:
5. Mix flour into cream removing lumps.
6. Add cream, and bacon to the crock pot, stir.
7. Cook on high 30 minutes or until broth thickens slightly.
8. Add salt, pepper to taste.
The flavor is this recipe is INCREDIBLE!!!