This was my first attempt at a graphgan. It wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be. It also didn’t take as long as I thought it would. It did take me a little over 3 months, but I made a C2C blanket at the same time, and I moved during this time as well. So, if I had worked on it continuously I don’t think it would have taken 3 months.
Here’s where I found the pattern for this graphgan. It was a combination of these two graphgans. “A Galaxy Far Far Away” & “Stars Wars Blanket”. They used the same graphs so it was easy to just combine the patterns.
For my first attempt I think it came out pretty well.
What I learned: Use the same brand of yard of yarn for every graph. I used Red Heart super saver & Red Heart with love. I was hoping to make the graphgan slightly softer by using what I could of the Red Heart with Love. However, it didn’t work out that way. The Red Heart with Love is slightly thicker, so those graphs came out slightly bigger than the ones done just with Red Heart. In the end when I was putting it together some of the graphs wouldn’t line up nice and neat because of the size difference in the graphs. It was more noticeable to me.
Also, I wish I could have found some softer yarn to do this graphgan in. The graphgan came out a little on the heavy size because of the type of yarn I used. I think the graphgan would have came out a little heavy anyways cause of all the yarn it took to make it. But I think the Red Heart added to the weight.
Overall I was pleased with the outcome, and hopefully my nephew will be as well.